Last week’s scary headline, contrary to what you may have heard, wasn’t this:
It was this:
You have a certain community living in your country, how ungracious is it not to afford them a proportionate voice somewhere in your TV landscape?
The size of that and other communities in proportion to the indigenous population, on the other hand, or to infrastructure and services, now there’s the rub.
How many time must it be spelt out? It’s not about race, it’s about numbers. And if this country had the numbers under any semblance of control, I doubt the Ramadan broadcast controversy would have got any further than first base.
- Channel 4 to ‘provoke’ viewers who associate Islam with terrorism with live call to prayer during Ramadan (independent.co.uk)
- Ukip fury over Channel 4 broadcasting daily Muslim prayer during Ramadan next month (express.co.uk)
- Channel 4 to air daily Muslim call to prayer during Ramadan (guardian.co.uk)
- Channel 4 defends decision to broadcast Islamic call to prayer (telegraph.co.uk)
- Channel 4 To Air Muslim Namaz Call Ramadan Why Object (ramanan50.wordpress.com)